Creteshield 101 penetrating sealer
Creteshield is a specially formulated hybrid potassium penetrating sealer that absorbs into the concrete, neutralising the alkaline and combines with the lime to form a gel that later hardens. This blocks all the pores within the slab which prevents moisture migration, which is the major cause of concrete deterioration. Seals the concrete – Stops dusting – Stops moisture transfer – Hardens the concrete Why we recommend the use of Creteshield?
- Creteshield stops concrete dusting, forever, without re-application.
- Creteshield seals the concrete, both from the surface and beneath.
- Creteshield keeps concrete dryer and therefore warmer and healthier.
- Reduces Radon gas emissions through concrete. 2nd biggest cause of cancer in the US. http://www.epa.gov/radon/
- Creteshield strengthens the concrete. 42% harder on average.
- Creteshield prevents surface spalling (wear, degradation).
- Creteshield will purge some of the existing contaminates.
- Creteshield is not a surface sealer and will not make the surface slippery.
- Creteshield is non volatile and non toxic, with no odors. We can complete the application in one day (up to 10,000 SqM). With almost immediate return to use.
- Creteshield allows 4% moisture vapor, important to release hydrostatic pressure.
Makes no visible change to concrete, but can be coated or painted. Creteshield is available in 3 grades Creteshield 101 – for standard trowel or power finished concrete, Block walls.(better waterproofing properties than DN) Creteshield DN – Concrete Densifier for standard concrete (used as part of our Diamond Polished Concrete System) Creteshield SR – Stain resistor/maintenance polish, use on Diamond polished concrete and over surface sealers. Reduced scuffing and scratching, stain resistance, easy care finish.
Where we use Creteshield?
- As the penetrating sealer, densifier (hardner) and dust proofer for our polished concrete system.
- Basements – floors and walls. Stops hydrostatic pressure and dampness.
- Under every floor covering – prevents dampness, delaminating of resilient coverings and deterioration of glues. Keeps floors warmer, reduces Radon Gas.
- On external concrete – prevents concrete holding moisture that promotes growth of mould and algae.
- Driveways – prevents penetration of spilled oil, fuels etc. Also strengthens exposed aggregate surfaces.
- Garages – prevents dusting, easier clean up of surface.
- Concrete and block retaining walls – prevents moisture migration that deteriorates mortar and block work.
- On a new slab – If you are planning a ground concrete finish, have Creteshield applied to keep out contaminates that could ruin the appearance of the finished project.
- On Factory and warehouse floors – to stop dusting and prevent premature wear from forklifts and other machinery.
- Carpark buildings – Prevents surface wear and dusting.
Tech data sheet Creteshield 101 For a Quote on Creteshield being applied to your project contact Floor Masters Ltd on 0800 733 566 or 021 4266 27 or use our Quote Request form
Creteshield CS is a Colliodal Silica concrete densifier. A good way to define what Creteshield CS does, is that it seals the concrete within rather than on top. Creteshield CS works by chemical reaction inside the concrete.
Some things to understand about concrete is that it is porous. When concrete is laid it is put down as a sloppy mixture. As it transitions to a solid, the moisture both reacts with the cement and escapes into the atmosphere. As it escapes it leaves millions of pores, which are like tunnels from the point of origin to the surface of the concrete.
Another point is that as this moisture escapes, the concrete contracts and shrinks. Often this shrinkage can result in very fine cracks, some that can be seen at the surface of the concrete, and others dispersed through the entire matrix.
What a lot of people don’t know (even concrete professionals) is that up to 25% of the cement used to make the concrete remains unreacted. When someone says that their floor is “dusting”, it is usually the unreacted cement that is transferring out of the concrete.
Creteshield CS works by osmosis sucking the product down the pores and into the fractures. There it finds the unreacted cement and causes a chemical reaction. In very basic terms – Cement in concrete is the glue that bonds sand and aggregate together. Creteshield CS makes more glue.