Creteshield 101 penetrating sealer
Creteshield is a specially formulated hybrid potassium penetrating sealer that absorbs into the concrete, neutralising the alkaline and combines with the lime to form a gel that later hardens. This blocks all the pores within the slab which prevents moisture migration, which is the major cause of concrete deterioration.
Seals the concrete – Stops dusting – Stops moisture transfer – Hardens the concrete
Why we recommend the use of Creteshield?
- Creteshield stops concrete dusting, forever, without re-application.
- Creteshield seals the concrete, both from the surface and beneath.
- Creteshield keeps concrete dryer and therefore warmer and healthier.
- Reduces Radon gas emissions through concrete. 2nd biggest cause of cancer in the US. http://www.epa.gov/radon/
- Creteshield strengthens the concrete. 42% harder on average.
- Creteshield prevents surface spalling (wear, degradation).
- Creteshield will purge some of the existing contaminates.
- Creteshield is not a surface sealer and will not make the surface slippery.
- Creteshield is non volatile and non toxic, with no odors. We can complete the application in one day (up to 10,000 SqM). With almost immediate return to use.
- Creteshield allows 4% moisture vapor, important to release hydrostatic pressure.
Makes no visible change to concrete, but can be coated or painted.
Creteshield is available in 3 grades
Creteshield 101 – for standard trowel or power finished concrete, Block walls.(better waterproofing properties than DN)
Creteshield DN – Concrete Densifier for standard concrete (used as part of our Diamond Polished Concrete System)
Creteshield SR – Stain resistor/maintenance polish, use on Diamond polished concrete and over surface sealers. Reduced scuffing and scratching, stain resistance, easy care finish.
Where we use Creteshield?
- As the penetrating sealer, densifier (hardner) and dust proofer for our polished concrete system.
- Basements – floors and walls. Stops hydrostatic pressure and dampness.
- Under every floor covering – prevents dampness, delaminating of resilient coverings and deterioration of glues. Keeps floors warmer, reduces Radon Gas.
- On external concrete – prevents concrete holding moisture that promotes growth of mould and algae.
- Driveways – prevents penetration of spilled oil, fuels etc. Also strengthens exposed aggregate surfaces.
- Garages – prevents dusting, easier clean up of surface.
- Concrete and block retaining walls – prevents moisture migration that deteriorates mortar and block work.
- On a new slab – If you are planning a ground concrete finish, have Creteshield applied to keep out contaminates that could ruin the appearance of the finished project.
- On Factory and warehouse floors – to stop dusting and prevent premature wear from forklifts and other machinery.
- Carpark buildings – Prevents surface wear and dusting.
For a Quote on Creteshield being applied to your project contact
Floor Masters Ltd on 0800 733 566 or 021 4266 27 or use our Quote Request form